Key Milestones Achieved
In the Himalayas
In Uttarakhand, Art of Living volunteers and trainers are working with farmers and facilitating the methods of Natural Farming with the Government of Uttarakhand. Till now, 5000 farmers are trained in “Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana” with support of Ministry of Agriculture –
|STATE||District / Village||PARTICIPANTS/FARMERS||Farmers trained||Distribution of Knap sprayers||Distribution of PGS certificates|
Activities done for Farmers training
- 1. Identification of farmers for training
- Organise primary meeting at cluster level
- Collection of Baseline data of clusters ( 50 FARMERS EACH CLUSTER)
- Organise village level trainings
(I)!st level training at the time of selection of farmers.
(II)2 nd level training after sowinhg of Kharif crops
(III)3rd level training in between Kharif crop harvesting and Rabi sowing
- Facilitate some selected farmers for institutional training
6.Preparation and submission of micro plan of clusters and farmers.
- Give assistance to farmers in first year of project as below:
(I) For establishment of vermicompost unit.
(II) For HDP tetra vermin bed.
- Registration done in PGS ( PARTICIPATORY GUARANTEE SYSTEM) PORTAL.
- After completion of internal and external inspection scope certificate is generated by RC (REGIONAL COUNCIL)
- Support agency is established at district level.
Multi Pronged eﬀorts by The Art of Living Yuvacharyas, agricultural trainers and several government authorities are helping farmers across the nation. The Art of Living conducts training programs on natural farming in all states. Along with theoretical input on indigenous seeds, indigenous cows, diﬀerent natural fertilizers and natural pesticides, trainers also discuss with practical demonstration.
Story of Change
Rama Tewary: Bringing a natural farming revolution to the Northeast
Diagnosed with throat cancer, Rama Tewari’s life came to a standstill in 2004. Holding a doctorate in botany, this brilliant scientist was fighting choices. Having tried and exhausted many forms of treatment, she decided to come to The Art of Living International Center in Bengaluru for Ayurvedic treatment in 2005. This was, in her words, the point of transformation in her life.